Joe Iovino is a writer and podcaster who enjoys sharing about what it means to live as a faithful follower of Jesus in the real world of the 21st century.
Joe has served the church in a variety of capacities: pastor, associate pastor, youth minister, contemporary worship leader, writer, podcaster and website editor.
As Director, Member Communications at United Methodist Communications, in Nashville, Tennessee, he manages and writes for UMC.org, the website of the global United Methodist Church. He also hosts and produces Get Your Spirit in Shape, a podcast featuring conversations with United Methodist leaders.
Before coming to Nashville, Joe served churches in Colorado and his home state of New Jersey.
Happily married since 1991, Joe and Diane have two great kids. Diane is Director of the Child Development Center at City Road Chapel United Methodist Church in Madison, Tennessee. Their son is a talented musician and music therapist working in Colorado Springs. Their daughter is an aspiring comedy writer/performer/director.
True to his Jersey roots, Joe spends much of his free time rooting for the Mets and listening to Bruce Springsteen. When the weather is right, he enjoys motorcycle rides with no destination.
If you talk to him long enough, he is likely to bring up something he heard on a podcast, and he probably knows more about The Simpsons than you—which was almost cool when he was a youth pastor in the 90s.
United Methodist Communications
- Check out UMC.org.
- Subscribe to Get Your Spirit in Shape.
- Samples of my work are available at clippings.me/joeiovino
- Homiletics, Contributor
- Proclaim Sermons, Contributor
- Hope-Full Living: Daily Devotions for Christian Seniors, Contributor
- Growing in Discipleship, daily devotions written for Tri-Lakes United Methodist Church.
- Leveraging Communication for Greater Connection, virtual, April 20-21, 2021.
- Writing for Your Life Spiritual Writers’ Conference, Nashville, TN, February 6-7, 2018.
- Tri-Lakes United Methodist Church, Monument CO. Youth and worship pastor from 2004 – 2014.
- Middletown United Methodist Church, Middletown NJ. Youth and family ministries / worship pastor from 1995 – 2004.
- West Creek & Warren Grove United Methodist Churches, NJ. Pastor from 1989 – 1995.