Joe is a professional writer and podcast host who enjoys blogging, motorcycle riding, listening to Bruce Springsteen and rooting for the Mets.
He serves as Director, Member Communications at United Methodist Communications, in Nashville, TN. He manages and writes for UMC.org, the global denominational website of The United Methodist Church, and produces and hosts Get Your Spirit in Shape, a podcast featuring conversations with authors, leaders and bishops about growing as disciples of Jesus.
Originally from the Jersey Shore, home of boardwalks, beaches, and the Boss, Joe and his family lived in Colorado for 10 years before moving to Nashville. Although he enjoys the mountains and snow, he never learned to ski or snowboard.
Joe led youth and worship ministries in New Jersey and Colorado. He is a Deacon in The United Methodist Church.
Happily married since 1991, Joe and Diane have two great kids. Diane is the director of the Child Development Center at City Road Chapel United Methodist Church in Madison, Tennessee. Their son is a talented musician and music therapist working in Colorado Springs. Their daughter is a comedy writer/performer/director studying at Columbia College Chicago.
If you talk to Joe long enough, he is likely to bring up something interesting he heard on a podcast. Oh, and he probably knows more about The Simpsons than you—which was almost cool when he was a youth pastor in the 90s.
Joe’s work experience
I manage and write for the denominational website of the global United Methodist Church, and host a podcast called Get Your Spirit in Shape (GYSIS).
Samples of my work are available at clippings.me/joeiovino
Previous Content Work
- Homiletics, Contributor
- Proclaim Sermons, Contributor
- Hope-Full Living: Daily Devotions for Christian Seniors, Contributor
- Growing in Discipleship, Wrote daily devotions for congregation at Tri-Lakes United Methodist Church
- I also have two blogs posted at Seedbed.com.
- Writing for Your Life Spiritual Writers’ Conference, Nashville, TN, “Make Them Look: How to get your work in front of more eyes.” February 6-7, 2018.
- Tri-Lakes United Methodist Church, Monument CO. Youth and worship pastor from 2004 – 2014.
- Middletown United Methodist Church, Middletown NJ. Youth and family ministries / worship pastor from 1995 – 2004.
- West Creek & Warren Grove United Methodist Churches, NJ. Pastor from 1989 – 1995.